The Importance of Yoga & Peace in the MiddleEast
The actual urgency of what is occurring in the world today, has accelerated at such a rapid rate, that it’s not only changing before our eyes, it’s also redefining racial equality, religion, social mores, business, countries, economies and yes, even yoga.
By: Brian Castellani and Nouf Marwaai
Please help Nouf Marwaai spread yoga in the Middle East by attending the Fifth International Egyptian Yoga Festival.
- Twitter: @SaudiArabiaYoga
- Web: http://SaudiArabiaYoga.com
- Sponsor for: http://EgyptInternationalYogaFestival.com
- Normal price: $699 per person
- 15% Off!! $594.15 – Save money AND support yoga in the Middle East!
People start lots of good and meaningful organizations… but, what about you? Do you really have to belong to an organization to make a difference in the world? Of course not. Anyone paying attention can see that the actual urgency of what is occurring in the world today, has accelerated at such a rapid rate, that it’s not only changing before our eyes, it’s also redefining racial equality, religion, social mores, business, countries, economies and yes, even yoga.
This change is less about corporate survival and more about the human condition. Believe it or not, there are others who can’t openly do yoga.
For the first time in history, as a yoga community, we have a choice to put aside our differences, step across borders and foster the true test of humanity. We are being asked to be supportive of the entirety of yoga.
It’s easy to forget that certain areas in the world are not open to the practice of yoga or measure the health of a changing society on a basis of spiritual growth. For American’s religious freedom is a choice, for other countries it is a choice that does not always exist.
In the three years that I have known Nouf Marwaai , she has done what I feel is the most important event for yoga in the past 50 years.
The fact that Nouf is courageous enough to start a yoga studio in a strictly closed society is almost unbelievable! The fact that on her own, alone in Saudi Arabia, she still continues to make such a significant difference in, not only Saudi Arabia, but also the entire (mostly Muslim) world.
The very first yoga studio in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia – “Saudi Arabia Yoga & Ayurveda Health Clinic,” is playing a huge part in changing social morays within her own culture. She is a true yogini and a hero for so many who yearn to grow and expand.
Since the opening of Saudi Arabia Yoga & Ayurveda, she has been well received by many Saudi’s, but has had endure arguments with devout Muslims on Saudi television for the right to have the Saudi Arabia Yoga & Ayurveda Center.
She has shouldered the responsibility of bringing yoga to Saudi Arabia openly and with the support of the Yoga Alliance International. (Not affiliated with the US based Yoga Alliance.)
Nouf is a proud sponsor of the Fifth International Egyptian Yoga Festival
- To Get 15% off, American Yoga Teachers can support Nouf Marwaai and help to spread yoga in the Middle East. Here’s how:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to: yoga@Yoganomics.net AND to email@example.com stating that you would like to attend the Fifth International Egyptian Yoga Festival on behalf Saudi Arabia Yoga and get 15% off the total price for the conference.
- We will email you details the next day!
The Email would look like this:
Dear Nouf Marwaai,
I want to help you spread yoga in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, please send me the coupon code for 15% PERCENT OFF for the Fifth International Egyptian Yoga Festival.Namaste,
A fellow Yogi or Yogini
Namaste – and thanks for your support and helping yoga flourish Around the World!
TAGS: Yoga, Yoga Conference, Yoganomics, IndieYoga, International Egyptian Yoga Festival, Achieving Peace, Middle East, Nouf Marwaai, Saudi Arabia Ayurveda and Yoga, The Importance of Peace in the Middle East, Egyptian yoga, Saudi Arabian Yoga, Yoga in the Middle East, Brian Castellani, Yoganomics, IndieYoga, Nouf Marwaai
- @YogiViews @Castellani @Yoganomics @YogaAlliance #A (yoganomics.net)
- Nicki Doane | Maya Yoga | Power to the Peaceful Sept. 11, 2010 (yoganomics.net)
- Power to the Peaceful Sept. 11, 2010 (yoganomics.net)
- Yoga in Germany || Günseli Selici @GSellici (yoganomics.net)